[geeks] Vegetarianism... was Re: [rescue] Friggin huge list m embers!)

Joshua D Boyd geeks at sunhelp.org
Mon Oct 15 11:01:23 CDT 2001

On Mon, Oct 15, 2001 at 08:56:59AM -0700, Fogg, James wrote:
> The only animal (that I know of anyways) that is meant to eat meat
> exclusively is cats (big and small).

I've seen quite a large number of house cats eating folliage.  My cat
keeps killing any house plants my mom tries to raise.

> If you knew how animals were raised, slaughtered and treated for market you
> wouldn't go near meat.

The buffolo that I've seen being raised look reasonably happy.

Now the chickens raised for eggs, that is some really sucky treatment.  I
couldn't eat eggs until a year after I quit working on the chicken
farm.  The state those eggs arrive in...

--
Joshua D. Boyd