[geeks] APC = Amazing Prices for Components!

Bill Bradford geeks at sunhelp.org
Fri Oct 12 00:54:19 CDT 2001

On Thu, Oct 11, 2001 at 10:50:24PM -0700, Gregory Leblanc wrote:
> Pretty typical.  That seems to be about $100 less than
> www.batterywholesale.com, which is where I got my last set of
> replacement batteries.  Last set of batteries I replaced was on an APC
> so old that they don't even remember about it (only discontinued about 5
> years ago).  I much prefer BEST, where I called in for support on a 12
> year old UPS, and they just transfer me to the guy who designed the
> thing.  :-)
> 	Greg

Kinda like when I called SharkRack because we hadnt gotten the entire
set of screws for a rackmount kit for an Ultra2.  "We can send you the
rest of the kit.." and I was like "No, I just need the specs for the
screws and I can go get them at home depot."  Guy on the phone was like
"hold on, lemme transfer you to the guy who designed that kit.."

10 minutes later, I had specs for the exact screws I needed, and a
FAX of the blueprint drawing. 8-)

Bill

--
Bill Bradford