[geeks] Networking stuff

Greg A. Woods geeks at sunhelp.org
Thu Oct 11 15:32:39 CDT 2001

[ On Thursday, October 11, 2001 at 13:53:54 (-0500), Shawn Wallbridge wrote: ]
> Subject: [geeks] Networking stuff
>
> We have some 3Com switches now, so I was looking at 3Com, but I was
> wondering what you guys think. I was looking at the 4007 cabinet, but what
> about Cisco? Any recommendations? Right now we have a mix of 3Com
> (2xSuperStack 3300's), Intel 510T, IBM (2x24port10/100), Netgear GS504
> (4-1000SX).

A very good switch, and still by far the cheapest overall per-port of
any that I know of, are the HP Procurve 4000m.  They're quite reliable,
very flexible, and have an absolutely unbeatable warranty (lifetime
firmware upgrades for free, for example).

--
							Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098      VE3TCP      <gwoods at acm.org>     <woods at robohack.ca>
Planix, Inc. <woods at planix.com>;   Secrets of the Weird <woods at weird.com>