[geeks] Re: [rescue] The war begins....

Benjamin Kelley geeks at sunhelp.org
Mon Oct 8 23:34:19 CDT 2001

> "Vietnam", it may have taken us longer then you think to learn from our
> mistakes.  Many people have been saying that cruise missiles and smart bombs
> are useless, as they dont kill very many people, I would argue that by
> saying that thanks to them, we can take out military bases and country
> infrastructure without massive civilian deaths.  I think that we have not
> really learned from out mistakes, we have simply developed technology that
> makes it so that we dont need to worry about civilians nearly as often as we
> have in the past.
>     Zach

Vietnam,  you couldn't tell the difference between civilian and military.
Personally I think what you said about not having to worry about civilians
is wrong.  Do you think the military goes "oh shit we just hit a school
sorry guys"  They pay close attention to that sort of thing, and avoid all
unnecessary damage. War isn't what it use to be.  I think alot of it has
to do with a major part of military duty  being peace keeping now a days.
More sensative soldiers and whatnot.  Kinder friendlier army sort of
thing. or maybe im just on crack.

-ben