[geeks] Re: [rescue] The war begins....

Zach Malone geeks at sunhelp.org
Mon Oct 8 22:18:46 CDT 2001

> >     Yes, the firebombing of Germany and Japan is considered by many to
be
> > one of the great war crimes of WWII, I am not saying that other
countries
> > were any better, but its worth remembering that we did attack civilian
> > targets,
>
> This is true,  but we have learned from our mistakes.

"Vietnam", it may have taken us longer then you think to learn from our
mistakes.  Many people have been saying that cruise missiles and smart bombs
are useless, as they dont kill very many people, I would argue that by
saying that thanks to them, we can take out military bases and country
infrastructure without massive civilian deaths.  I think that we have not
really learned from out mistakes, we have simply developed technology that
makes it so that we dont need to worry about civilians nearly as often as we
have in the past.
    Zach