[geeks] Re: [rescue] The war begins....

David Cantrell geeks at sunhelp.org
Mon Oct 8 13:48:14 CDT 2001

On Mon, Oct 08, 2001 at 12:37:02PM -0400, Kurt Huhn wrote:
> > They, however, consider that *they* are following the Quran, and that
> > those who follow the Talmud or the Bible are also righteous.  And they
>
> That's interesting, I havn't seen that.  There are Christian aid workers in
> prison in Afghanistan right now.  Jailed for possessing bibles and Christian
> propoganda.  Apparently, possesion of such material is a crime punishable by
> death.  This according to all news I've read (US and European sources).

The news I've read is that they are being held not for possessing bibles,
but for attempting to convert Moslems.  Apostasy is a crime in Islamic law.
Possessing bibles and christian literature is not.  And foreigners caught
trying to convert Moslems in Afghanistan do *not* face the death penalty.

[source: BBC]

      Good advice is always certain to be ignored,
      but that's no reason not to give it            -- Agatha Christie