[geeks] Re: [rescue] The war begins....

Kurt Huhn geeks at sunhelp.org
Mon Oct 8 09:08:28 CDT 2001

> I'll be sure to tell my MP that the only possible response to the next IRA
> attack is to blow shit up.  That would, of course, fly in the face of the
> great success that has been had from talking to people and negotiating to
> address their concerns.

Have you seen the efforts of trying to talk to the Taliban and to Al Quaeda?
It is *much* different than trying to talk to Loyalists or IRA.  For one,
the mindset is very different.  These people have no desire to talk, no
desire to communicate on a human intellectual level.

A couple months ago, the pictures of Loyalists and Orangement tossing
bottles, throwing insults,  and spitting upon gradeschool girls on their way
to class made me want to *puke*.  Is this progress?  If so, I can do without
the talk.

Aside from that, what actions does your MP take?  They bust into homes of
suspected terrorists (IRA or Loyalist), pull them out, and drop them in
jail.  They certainly don't do *nothing*.  They don't *talk* to the
terrorists and ask them not to do it.  How are we supposed to do that in
Afghanistan?  The situation is compounded by the fact this guy is hiding in
a country with a government very freindly to his cause.

Kurt