[geeks] Re: [rescue] The war begins....

Ken Hansen geeks at sunhelp.org
Mon Oct 8 07:31:10 CDT 2001

David,

Basic difference - the IRA simply (!) wants Britian out of Ireland, they
have no problem with Britian *existing*. The Taliban want westerners
*eliminated* - no tolerence.

Also, the IRA wants to *live* without British goverence, the Taliban want to
*die* in furtherence of their goals - the latter are not prone to effective
negotiations.

Sorry for simplifying the "Irish Problem" - I am *sure* it is much more
complex than I present...

Ken