[geeks] Fw: Investment Pact - off-list SPAM...

Nicholas Dronen geeks at sunhelp.org
Sun Oct 7 22:00:43 CDT 2001

On Sun, Oct 07, 2001 at 10:23:40PM -0400, Ken Hansen wrote:
> Tee Hee!
>
> I love that name "MRS. COMFORT SOMBONGO"!
>
> Ken
> (Sorry for the long post, I almost *never* get these emails... - and, hey,
> what if it's true??? 20% of $27.5M ;^P )

These are known scams.  There was an article about them on the
NY Times web site not too long ago.  People who respond are asked
to fly to Canada or some country other than the U.S., sometimes
Europe or Africa, and to bring with them a few thousand dollars
to help secure the funds (e.g, cash for bribing officals to get
the money out of the country).  The sad and silly part of it is
that some people actually fall for this and get bilked.

Regards,

Nicholas