[geeks] Re: [rescue] The war begins....

Kurt Huhn geeks at sunhelp.org
Sun Oct 7 17:59:56 CDT 2001

> > Thpplllt.  Pacifist morons.
>
> Thanks for the partial insult. I guess being a partial pacifist makes
> me a partial moron.

You're welcome?  Taken in context, you'll understand the partial insult.  I
hate war as much as the next father of two, but I can't stand people who
*won't* act.  That is my definition of a pacifist.  When an atrocoty is
commited, retailiation in kind is generally the only solution.  I'll be more
than happy to listen to other possible solutions, if anyone can think of one
that will work.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not a gun toting wild man -
normally.

> > They're either too smart, or too stupid
> > to realize how the world works.
>
> At least pacifists can't be accused of making the problem worse as so
> often war does.

I can't agree with you there.  Inaction can be just as bad as action.  What
would going about our business saying "hmmm, nearly 6000 dead.  That ain't
good"  and doing nothing solve?  Is there a better solution?  Do you have
one?  Do any of these demonstrators have one?  Have any of them thought past
"we might get on TV if we stage a protest?"  Don't laugh, I was in college
once too and saw *that* attitude first hand...

Kurt