[geeks] Dress for Success

Joshua D Boyd geeks at sunhelp.org
Sat Oct 6 19:36:46 CDT 2001

On Sat, Oct 06, 2001 at 10:09:54AM -0400, Ken Hansen wrote:
> My personal clothing choices are simple - I wear clean jeans, sneakers, and
> either a company T-shirt *or* an EddieBauer Tall XL solid color T-shirt, w/o
> pocket. My clothing range is quite limited, but all are in good condition,
> fit well, and are professional *enough* for my company.

It is shockingly rare for anyone except immediate family to see me with
only a T-Shirt, in any setting.  I have trouble getting clothes that
last.  And it's not like I buying brandX either.  Sigh.

> Fit is the most important thing - the proper size dress shirt (esp. neck
> size) can make a huge difference in how you look in a suit (comfortable vs
> uncomfortable).

I used to absolutely hate ties.  Then I discovered that my shirts just had
collars that were to small, and now ties are just a minor inconvienience.

--
Joshua D. Boyd