[geeks] Dress for Success

Kurt Huhn geeks at sunhelp.org
Sat Oct 6 15:00:30 CDT 2001

> gents.  I actually need to go get some new duds, as the last time I had
> anything fitted was when I weighed over 270.  Now that I'm around 220,
> stuff looks a tad loose. :-)

The happiest day of my life was when I was able to remove a pair of jeans
without unbuttoning or unzipping them.  The jeans in question were about a
year old, and were bought when I weighed around 275.  I currently weigh in
at a comfortable 215.

Secrets to success?  Atkins.  Don't laugh - it works very well.  I still
follow the Atkins program in "maintenance mode" - I'm extremely
hypoglycemic, and I just *feel* much better when not eating carbs.

Work atire?  New jeans ($12, Sam's club), tshirt, Vans - I am the boss,
complete with $PHB title.  When customers visit I put on any combination of
courderoys, golf shirts, polo shirts, and Bass shoes (damn comfy, got 'em in
Maine).  I don't wear shirts that have buttons - period, end of story.

Kurt