[geeks] Re: [rescue] FW: Sun Microsystems to Cut Jobs, Sees Wider-Than-Expected Loss

Joshua D Boyd geeks at sunhelp.org
Fri Oct 5 15:58:01 CDT 2001

On Fri, Oct 05, 2001 at 03:48:33PM -0500, Doctor Obnox Son of a Bitch wrote:
> "suitspeak"...heh..I like it.
>
> Nobody wears a suit here at the ISP I werk for.

I've noticed that fancy clothes that fit properly are quite
comfy.  When ever I find myself with "enough" money, I intend to purchase
a pair of well tailored suits.  One fairly formal one, and one somewhat
casual one.  Unfortunatly, tailors are starting to be a rare breed in this
country, and also unfortunately, I've pretty much established after
quite a bit of shopping that I won't be able to get a suit that properly
fits until I can afford one that is custom tailored.  When I look at
jackets that are large enough, the shoulders are all wrong.

Wearing suits would pretty much be confined to job interviews, and social
settings, since it doesn't look like suits are going to be making a
corporate comeback anytime soon, and I don't really want to work for the
parts of large companies that require that sort of dress anyway.

I believe that Neal Stephenson made some comments to this effect in
Cryptonomicon.

> We mock those that have college degrees, too.

There is just no making you happy, is there.

--
Joshua D. Boyd