[geeks] "Enterprise"

Kurt Huhn geeks at sunhelp.org
Mon Oct 1 15:48:51 CDT 2001

> I watched an episode of the old series "Battlestar
> Galactica". Now aren't Tektronix 4050's more
> interesting to watch than the new-fangled stuff the
> Enterprise now has?

I just watched "Enterprise" last nightand I must say, while the materials
and stucture of the sets are obviously modern - it looks like they took
great pains to *not* to modernize the feel of the Enterprise.  It seems as
if they made concious efforts to try and create a set that *looks* like it
would pre-date Kirk's ship.

Example?  The engineering consoles - didja see the the "wave effect"
lights - similar to Scotty's console in engineering.  Also, the science
station - and the viewport we became comfortable with from the origianl
series - looked very "appropriate" with another Vulcan looking through it.

Yeah - I'm a Trekkie...

Kurt