[geeks] Cats and pills

John Duksta geeks at sunhelp.org
Wed Nov 28 16:50:21 CST 2001

At 10:34 PM 11/28/2001 +0000, Kris Kirby wrote:
>On Wed, 28 Nov 2001, Kurt Huhn wrote:
> > Who are you kidding?  Any kind of remotely edible substance will work
> with a
> > dog.  My golden retriver (not stupid by any measure) would happily swallow
> > even the nastiest of pills - because it could be chewed and swallowed....
>
>Our beagle will eat some nasty shit on her own, but will not take her
>pills. If it isn't meat, potato, or bread, she ain't interested.

*Our* beagle will gladly eat just about anything except mushrooms.
He wants nothing whatsoever to do with mushrooms. I imagine that's
a genetic thing to keep them alive as so many mushrooms are potentially
poisonous.

But back to the pill business: he gladly takes his Interceptor every
month because it's a 'Flavortab'. Any other pill just gets wrapped in
half a piece of american cheese and he wolfs it right down.

-john