[geeks] WTB: FH 5.25" SCSI-1 enclosure

Joshua D Boyd geeks at sunhelp.org
Mon Nov 26 00:00:23 CST 2001

On Mon, Nov 26, 2001 at 05:32:48AM +0000, Kris Kirby wrote:
> On Sun, 25 Nov 2001, Joshua D Boyd wrote:
> > > Which is also a good reason to have an Adaptec 3940 in a PC. :)
> >
> > Why, is it auto terminating?  I've only used 3940.
>
> I dunno. :) Seriously, tho: It has three (four?) connectors. Two internal
> and one external. One of the internal connectors and the external
> connector are connected together, so you can put the external stuff on a
> totally seperate SCSI bus. If the external bus goes down, the internal one
> doesn't. :)
>
> Better than the "here's three, but pick two" of the 2940UW.

The 2940 I have here isn't U or W.  That is probably why I'm always surprised
by how slow the machine it is in is (originally it was in a L2-less P90, then
a P166, now a P200mmx, in other words, it is in my sisters machine).  I don't
know what the deal is, but when my sister gets a new machine, she is actually
getting a new machine instead of a radical upgrade.  And I think it is probably
going to be an all IDE machine.  I've used some screaming all SCSI Wintel
machines, but the ones I've put together have never fit this description.  She
doesn't push the machine hard anyway.

--
Joshua D. Boyd