[geeks] WTB: FH 5.25" SCSI-1 enclosure

Kris Kirby geeks at sunhelp.org
Sun Nov 25 23:32:48 CST 2001

On Sun, 25 Nov 2001, Joshua D Boyd wrote:
> > Which is also a good reason to have an Adaptec 3940 in a PC. :)
>
> Why, is it auto terminating?  I've only used 3940.

I dunno. :) Seriously, tho: It has three (four?) connectors. Two internal
and one external. One of the internal connectors and the external
connector are connected together, so you can put the external stuff on a
totally seperate SCSI bus. If the external bus goes down, the internal one
doesn't. :)

Better than the "here's three, but pick two" of the 2940UW.

-----
<kris at nospam.catonic.net>   | IM: KrisBSD