[geeks] Solaris8 on intel

William S . geeks at sunhelp.org
Sun Nov 25 13:14:21 CST 2001

Well, today at a computer event in Utrecht, NL
I got a developers kit from the Sun people that included
CD's for Solaris 8 for Intel and sparc. (As well as a
nifty travelers coffee container.)

My question is, how well will Solaris Intel perform
on my P-166MMX with 144 ram? Will there be any problems
installing it on a multi boot PC with 2 other
operating systems? I have some experience in Debian Linux
and FreeBSD, will that help in my getting acquainted with
Solaris?

Other comments?

Hey! Can I install Solaris 8 on an iPac? ... Forget
that one, just kidding.

Bill
Amsterdam, NL

By the way, thought I spotted at the event 3 or 4
IBM powerservers. I think they were 320's. Wish
I had the means to have hauled them off.