[geeks] itouch term servers

Bill Bradford geeks at sunhelp.org
Tue Nov 20 18:43:05 CST 2001

On Tue, Nov 20, 2001 at 02:34:36PM -0600, Mike Ekholm wrote:
> Hello,
> We are looking at getting a itouch IR-15000 as a Console server for
> our sun boxes:
> http://www.itouchcom.com/products/product_name.cfm?cid=termserv&pid=ir615
> anyone have any experince with these access servers?

I dont have any experience with the iTouch stuff, but I highly recommend
the Lighwave Communications stuff; I have a CS800 (8-port) on the SunHELP
machines and I have a 32-port here left to review.

You can see some screenshots of the interface, etc:

http://images.sunhelp.org/cs800

The picture of the equipment - thats the 800 on top, and the current
main SunHELP server on the bottom (this was when I was building the
machine about 2-3 weeks ago).

http://www.lightwavecom.com/server_management/index.html

I've also got one of their "ServerSwitch" KVM units for having console
heads on multiple SPARC boxen.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford