[geeks] itouch term servers

James Sharp geeks at sunhelp.org
Tue Nov 20 17:59:44 CST 2001

> Hello,
> We are looking at getting a itouch IR-15000 as a Console server for
> our sun boxes:
> http://www.itouchcom.com/products/product_name.cfm?cid=termserv&pid=ir615
>
> anyone have any experince with these access servers?

well, as long as Itouch hasn't mucked around too much with the basics of
the machine, the IR-15000 is nothing but a 15 slot Xyplex Network 9000
stuffed full of 720 Access Server cards (which are nothing but Maxserver
1600s on midplane cards)....so...they should work and work fairly well,
except for maybe some quirks dealing with sending breaks when powered off.