[geeks] RE: [rescue] OT: Q on Cygwin XFree 4.0.1 on PC - anyone used this ?

Joshua D Boyd geeks at sunhelp.org
Sat Nov 17 21:32:05 CST 2001

On Sun, Nov 18, 2001 at 01:02:49AM +0000, Kris Kirby wrote:
> On Sat, 17 Nov 2001, David Cantrell wrote:
> > Two hours?  That's ridiculous!  I can still turn up an hour before boarding
> > international flights!  How on earth is sitting around for ages meant to
> > improve security?  Certainly if I were an eeeevil freedom fighter^W^W
> > terrorist, I'd just bring a good book with me to while away the time.
>
> Like "Terrorism for Dummies"? ;-)

Someone got banned from an airline (USAirways?) for reading an improper book.
It was the brother of one of those small anti globalization type groups, if I
recall correctly.  Having trouble finding the link though.

Ah.  Found the link now.  It was United, and he was reading "Hayduke Lives!",
which apparently has a picture of a man holding dynamite on the cover.
Apparently we aren't allow to read books that have pictures of explosives.

Wait a minute.  Didn't the old Appledumpling gang movies (old films from
Disney) have a cover featuring that guy from the Andy Griffith show (the
deputy) holding dynamite?  If I fly anytime soon, I'm going to have to find
a copy of that video.  Then, if they ban me, I can say I was banned for an
improper Disney video.

Sigh.  What a depressing world sometimes.

Now, to soon order a copy of evil genius for dummies (a real o'reily book, for
those who didn't know).

--
Joshua D. Boyd