[geeks] ph-ux!

John Duksta geeks at sunhelp.org
Thu May 31 09:15:23 CDT 2001

At 09:12 AM 5/31/2001 -0400, you wrote:
>I hear that long distance truckers make a decent penny.  Just need a good
>speech recognition setup, and I can code while I truck. ;)

Actually, I was listening to NPR the other day and there
was a segment about Owner/Operator Truckers getting out of
the business because they can't make a living at it.
The current market has the big trucking companies hiring
inexperienced (read cheap) young drivers for the company
owned trucks and it's apparently driving down the margin
for the 'real' truckers (the owner/operators).

-john