[geeks] Diablo ][

Tugrul Galatali geeks at sunhelp.org
Fri May 25 18:17:52 CDT 2001

On Fri, 25 May 2001, Chad A. Chance wrote:

> I'd love to get in on some "quality" co-op games, most of the "kids" on
> b-net just annoy me.

	We will have to coordinate some common time on a semi-regular bassis
and hold sunhelp games :)
	I'm a level 27 paladin, I hope thats not too far off from you guys
given that you are working on defeating Hephasto on nightmare... I'm going to
go join a game called sunhelp/sunhelp for a few minutes to unwind :)

> Actually going back through the game on nightmare is quite fun and
> challenging, I'm actually stuck trying to defeat Hephasto on nightmare. I
> can't wait to see what kind of loot I get on hell difficulty...

	I'm not sure if I want to go through the game on Nightmare difficulty
again. After Duriel, all of the plot related bosses (Mephisto,Izual,Hephasto
and Diablo) was a matter of standing there and whacking them for a few minutes,
running back to town to recharge on potions and stuff occasionally. Once you
clear out the minions, it becomes very tedious and boring.
	I'm not sure I can ever kill Duriel w/o dying... she has such a
tactical advantage over anyone entering her room given bnet's laggy attitude.

> > But now you've got to collect all the set and uniq items! <Grin>
>
> I've only got 2 sets, but I've got 60% of the uniq items...
> Anybody like to play co-operative games?

	Who gives a rats ass about sets? From what I gather on the FAQs, most
of the sets are useless for any character that has any veteran level.
	On the other hand, most of my equipment is one shade of yellow or
another, and I'd like to get the final few pieces yellow too :)

> That's what the expansion set is for!  A friend of mine is beta testing
> it at the moment, and it looks to have improved quite a bit, especially
> in the higher dificulty levels.

	I damn well hope its improved...

	Did anyone notice Act IV was too damn short? The only fun was the
maze before the cathedral... that required some tactics :)
	Diablo I had a better ending when you had to fight him and a fleet of
mages :)

	Tugrul Galatali