[geeks] musings

Michael S. Schiller geeks at sunhelp.org
Sat May 19 15:36:13 CDT 2001

By far, the best keyboard ever made was the Northgate Omnikey series of
keyboards. I've used them for years, and they even used to make a special set of
keycaps so it could be used on a Commodore Amiga (where I first used one).

-Mike

Tugrul Galatali wrote:

> On Sat, 19 May 2001, David Passmore wrote:
>
> > Whatever people say about SGI, this keyboard is by far the best keyboard
> > I've ever used... I have 3 just for spares. I actively seek them out and
> > buy/take/steal them whenever I see them.
>
>         How about the IBM keyboards that came with their 386 PS/2 boxes? Four
> years ago (yikes, thats a lot at 19) I was on a team in my high school to
> retire 386 labs, and I think I've been using that same keyboard since. The
> damn keyboard shows no sign of ever dying. I'm going to go back to pick up
> spares just in case tho :)
>         Its loud, clickity and unbreakable. What more can you ask for?
>
>         Tugrul Galatali (mildly freaked at his use of 386s only 4 years ago...
> today he can barely bring himself to save < P200MMX systems. Hell, he has
> P133/P166MMX sitting on his monitor waiting for a dual socket 5 board that
> takes dimms if he ever finds one cheap. *hint hint =P*)
>
> *another random musing*
>         Whatever happened to the days when I thought P5s should have been
> where Intel stopped developing CPUs and the world should have started
> developing efficient software instead? I remember P5 60s running Win 3.1
> like lightning for what its worth... (that was the first current computer
> I encountered after using second hand Apple IIes and IBM XT at home. I was
> blown away :)

*PGP fingerprint= D2 4F A8 B7 13 D5 73 1E  48 99 40 99 F9 BC 74 74 *
*Email: schiller at agrijag.com       \|||/    http://www.agrijag.com *
*Voice: 423-625-6349               (o o)    FAX: 423-623-9054      *