[geeks] ALR Revolution 6X6

Tugrul Galatali geeks at sunhelp.org
Fri May 18 22:39:40 CDT 2001

	http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1238633333

	I knew these things existed, but I've never actually seen one, or had
considered the fact that enough time passed to get one relatively cheap. I
have no _real_ use for it but such an irrational need to own it :) Something
about it even more alluring than a SS1000, perhaps because 6 Intel CPUs really
shouldn't be in one box :) That and this thing looks like it can whup a
SS1000s ass. *ducks*

	At first I had seen the motherboard for 50$, which seems to be the
cheapest component if I wanted to build one. (The Tri-CPU card is 70ish, and
the tiny keyboard adapter was 20ish :) Think it would be a worthwhile project
to slowly hack one together?

	My worse fear is not the initial cost but the electric bill... my
father kept a tight reign on things with the bill _rarely_ exceeding 30$...
after he passed away I don't think we've come close to 50$ yet. Moving my
always on box from a P200 to a U2 doesn't seem to have hurt much :)

	Tugrul Galatali