[geeks] Some folks think I go too wide ;^) well, what do they know, I simply type into my mail client and leave the formatting to the client - if the client can't handle my format, well, that is the result of your personal choice I guess. Ken (whew!)

Ron Rosson geeks at sunhelp.org
Thu May 17 08:41:48 CDT 2001

* David Murphy (drjolt at redbrick.dcu.ie) [010517 06:19]:
> Quoting <20010516135147.Q27295 at tmok.com>
> by Brian Hechinger <wonko at tmok.com>:
>
> > now i just gotta teach mutt to a) not put those annoying + marks and
>
> Put the following in your .muttrc - I'm not sure what version it was
> introduced in, you might need to upgrade your mutt:
> set nomarkers
>
> > b) split the message before it hands it to vi for reply editing.
>
> I use vim, set '>' as a comment character, and use gq<motion> to
> format the bits I quote. This was the feature that won me over to
> vi/vim from uemacs all those years ago 8)

To make it where all his lines are less than 80 charachters<sp> and if
he is not a code writer and is using VI just put this in your ~/.exrc
file

set wl=75

-Ron
Ron Rosson          			      ... and a UNIX user said ...
The InSaNe One                 			      rm -rf *
insane at oneinsane.net     	            and all was /dev/null and *void()