[geeks] note to self

amy geeks at sunhelp.org
Wed May 16 02:59:03 CDT 2001

Tim Harrison wrote:
> Tara rescued a cat from the street...

we have 3 cats. sif, the eldest of the bunch, is 4 years old and a
loner. she was used to being an only cat for so long that it set in. she
was lost from her litter when she was extremely young (maybe 3 weeks)
and was found in the woods--i happened to be working nearby and adopted
her. since then she's been extroardinarily clingy, refusing to interact
with the other cats--she's a people cat. a few years ago we got kitty
(bill named him...i suppose he couldnt decide), who is a large, chunky,
red tabby tom. kitty's not the brightest bulb in the universe (all he
does is eat, sleep in his suitcase, and slack on top of the machines)
but he's growing more affectionate. kitten's the youngest (she's kitty's
sister one litter removed) and the smartest..she only wants affection or
attention on her own terms.

it's funny...one minute they'll be hissing, spitting, and swiping at
each other and fourty five minutes later they'll be curled up next to
one another sleeping. except for sif--she wont sleep anywhere but under
the covers right next to a person and at least four feet from the
others.

when max comes in the house they scatter for cover. and all he wants to
do is play :) eventually he corners them and the scene is reminicent of
the alamo.

--a