[geeks] Lookong for pointers for Tone Dialers (touch tone)

David Cantrell geeks at sunhelp.org
Tue May 15 12:12:29 CDT 2001

On Tue, May 15, 2001 at 11:23:15AM -0400, Ken Hansen wrote:

> My company makes Interactive Voice Response Systems (IVRSs) that use
> the tones on a telephone keypad for responses. Our normal supplier
> (Radio Shack) no longer carries tone dialers, for those remote locations
> not served by touch tone service.

<boggle> there still exist such backward places?!?!

> It would be great if there was a surplus dealer with a few hundred new
> in the box dialers, but what are the chances...

I bet that distel.co.uk have some, but I know not whether UK and US tones
are compatible, or whether the shipping costs would make it economical.

Why not just get some made yourself?  They're not complex, and you should be
able to get a batch of a coupla hundred made to your design pretty nearly
anywhere.

--
David Cantrell | cthulhu at unixbeard.net | http://www.cantrell.org.uk/david/

  Rip, Mix, Burn, unless you're using our "most advanced operating system
   in the world" which we decided to release incomplete just for a laugh