[geeks] This bogles my mind

Chris Byrne geeks at sunhelp.org
Fri Jun 29 04:38:42 CDT 2001

David Cantrell wrote:

>> ... my drug test ...
>
>Your WHAT?!?!?!  Bloody 'ell, never heard of privacy or civil liberties?
>I believe that that would be legal over here, but NO-ONE I have heard of
>does them unless they actually suspect an employee of being a crack-head.

The last few years have not been good for american workers rights. The
supreme court has decided that mandatory drug testing was legal, random drug
testing was legal, and requiring a drug test before employment is legal, as
well as video surveilance, audio surveilance, and various searches up to and
including strip searches under certain circumstances.

Land of the free my ass.

Chris