[geeks] This bogles my mind

Amy geeks at sunhelp.org
Thu Jun 28 15:10:38 CDT 2001

On Thu, 28 Jun 2001, Joshua D. Boyd wrote:

> I've spend an amount of time with people on drugs.  Enough to know that it
> isn't cool, despite what they try and say.  Same goes for
> drunkeness.  Although, sometimes escaping things by being wasted might
> have a bit of appeal...

ten years ago i had a one year long "rebellion" of sorts while i college.
i did all of the above, nightly if not every 5 hours.

i came out of it alive (a miracle), a non-drinker to the point to where i
tend to shy away from associating with moderate or heavy
drinkers--although i collect wine--and a non-drug user to the same
extreme. i always feel out of place around people who drink or who do
drugs now.

pot was great til one of my "friends" *cough* laced a joint with
unknown chemical x. then it wasnt so much fun throwing up while driving
myself home in my car and hallucinating the rest of the day. that was
1992. havent had one itty bitty desire to smoke it since. if they can ever
do the same for cigarettes, i'd quit in an *instant*. it was that
horrible.

alcohol was...tolerable...as an escape mechanism until i made the mistake
of downing a pitcher's worth of cheap beer in the inside of fifteen
minutes and following it up with a bunch of cheap, sugary wine coolers. i
regretted it shortly thereafter and havent drank much at all since.
whatever it was at the time that i was escaping (probably some case of
spurned puppylove) wasnt worth the end result of that night of drinking.

i am, however, addicted to coca-cola. :)

and no, it ain't cool and it ain't worth the blown money spent on it or
the headaches in the morning. i'm glad you figured all that out without
learning the hard way.

:)

bill was boasting about three months ago that he was a great drinker and
he never got hangovers. of course, he never drank seriously. so i said,
ok, i'll fix ya a drink and we'll see. 11oz of jim beam to 3 oz of coke
and he decided the next morning that it wasnt so great after all :)

--a