[geeks] This bogles my mind

Brian Hechinger geeks at sunhelp.org
Thu Jun 28 14:30:51 CDT 2001

On Thu, Jun 28, 2001 at 02:51:33PM -0400, Joshua D. Boyd wrote:
> I'll tell you, people think they are taking speed to be able to better
> study, but it just makes the stupid.  Now they are activily working
> against getting good grades.  Actually, the other two drugs make people
> stupid too.

common misconception about speed.  either they learn or they become speed
freaks.  :)

> I've spend an amount of time with people on drugs.  Enough to know that it
> isn't cool, despite what they try and say.  Same goes for
> drunkeness.  Although, sometimes escaping things by being wasted might
> have a bit of appeal...

but this is the part i don't understand.  why is getting drunk any different
than getting high?  if you keep it to weekends, or social gatherings with
friends, then how does it differ from alcohol?  people can be alcoholics, or
they can be potheads.  i just don't think it's fair to seperate them in that
manner.

sure, alcohol is legal, and the others aren't, but that is a COMPLETELY differnt
topic.  they should have you piss in a cup, and then blow through a breathalizer
(if that's how it's spelled)

just they way i look at it.

-brian