[geeks] This bogles my mind

Ken Hansen geeks at sunhelp.org
Thu Jun 28 11:13:40 CDT 2001

Remember - you are "asking" the company for employment, and they expect their candidates to match a certian profile (mo felony convictions, no controlled substances in their blood stream, etc). IMHO that is a reasonable request.

I may choose not to have myself measured against their profile, and who loses at that point is debateable.

These are conditions of hiring - they are not installing camera and urine analysis equipment in the restroom to gather this information without your knowledge...

Or are they ;^)

They can ask, you can decline, and everyone is happy.

The problem most folks seem to have is when they feel they have the "right" to be employed by someone. No one owes you a job, and you don't have to take a particular job.

You are not guilty until proven innocent, you are an unknown entity until you answer the questions/supply the sample/whatever... To me, there is a basic, fundamental difference...

Just my $.02,

Ken