[geeks] Big Damn File System....

Gregory Leblanc geeks at sunhelp.org
Fri Jun 22 16:04:13 CDT 2001

It's not kosher on 2.2, because of a corruption issue.  It'll never get
fixed on 2.2, or at least that's what Alan tells me.  I think the journaling
fs issue is similar to the issue with swap on software RAID devices, in that
it's only dangerous while the RAID is resyncing.  I could be wrong.

> >                    Have they fixed the raid checking
> problem at startup?
> > Last I used md, it wanted to do a full raid check at every
> boot, and the
> > 'solution' was a kludged workaround.
>
> Last time I set one of these up, you still needed to be 'orrible and
> kludgy, but that was almost a year ago.

I'm not sure what you're referring to.  It does seem to rebuild the mirror
when the system gets hard power cycles, but I haven't had any problems when
we shut the machine down.  Can you point me to some archives or something on
this one?
	Greg