[geeks] Re: [rescue] RE: Small schools.& elections & Bush

Joshua D. Boyd geeks at sunhelp.org
Thu Jun 21 20:05:09 CDT 2001

In palm beach, you enter you vote by punching holes in the ballot.  Then,
a machine reads where the wholes are, while simultaneosly damaging the
cards (hence the continued confusion during subsequent hand counts).

Where I live, we pull levers on a machine, which tallies what levers were
pulled.  It is a bit better, but it subject to the cogs and stuff wearing
out and causing failures.

--
Joshua Boyd