[geeks] Re: [rescue] RE: Small schools.& elections & Bush

David Cantrell geeks at sunhelp.org
Thu Jun 21 18:34:49 CDT 2001

On Thu, Jun 21, 2001 at 06:53:38PM -0400, Ken Hansen wrote:

> FYI West Palm Beach is *not* a poor, low-income, "black" or other
> down-trodden area. They simply choose (I assume) not to spend lots of money
> on their ballot machines...

What is it with these ballot machines anyway?  In .uk, papers are counted
manually, and results known within 24 hours.  Including areas like the
Scottish highlands and islands where there are no roads and everyhting
has to go by carrier pigeon.

Let me guess.  The reason is ... "ooh, machine! shiny!"

--
David Cantrell | david at cantrell.org.uk | http://www.cantrell.org.uk/david/

      Good advice is always certain to be ignored,
      but that's no reason not to give it            -- Agatha Christie