[geeks] NetBSD/OpenBSD: practical differences

Brian Hechinger geeks at sunhelp.org
Fri Jun 15 01:28:42 CDT 2001

>> What's good about NetBSD that makes it better than OpenBSD?
>
> The head maintainer isnt a complete dick?
>
>> Substantive, technical answers are what I'm looking for, although comments
>> on the developer/user community are also important. But things like "Theo
>> is a dork" are certainly not important to me.
>
> Oh.  Oops. 8-)

i know you like to make fun of him, but honestly; i'm GLAD Theo is a prick.
If Theo wasn't a prick, OpenBSD wouldn't be what it is today.  the position
he has with OpenBSD has a requirement of a prick-like attitude.  if Theo were
a softy, then OpenBSD couldn't claim half of the things that it claims today.

i hope you read this list theo.  be a prick.  be the best and biggest prick the
world has ever seen.  keep up the good work.

-brian

ps: no Bill Clinton prick jokes please. :)