[geeks] Introductions (was Re: Etiquette)

Shawn Wallbridge geeks at sunhelp.org
Mon Jul 30 13:07:44 CDT 2001

My turn.

Shawn Wallbridge, 28. I live in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. Lived here all
my life, I contemplated moving south, but I found my current job.

I started out with a 386dx40 and I have been playing with computers ever
since. I started working with computers about 5 years ago after taking a
programming course at the local community college.

I have mostly done Windows and Web programming up until a two years ago,
when I started moving towards networking/sysadmin. Now I am a Systems
Administrator for Frantic Films (a small visual effects shop). We are mostly
Windows, but I am moving to Linux with every chance. We are entirely x86,
from PPro's to our 8way Xeon box.

I have been using Linux on and off for 5 years and have recently started
playing with OpenBSD.

I got into Sun's about a month ago when I picked up a SS2 off a local
newsgroup for cheap. Since then I have expanded my collection to 6 Sun
machines, SS2, IPC, IPX, SS5, SS20, and a SunScreen SPF100. I am still
trying to figure these things out.

shawn wallbridge
www.maximum-geek.com