[geeks] Introductions (was Re: Etiquette)

John Duksta geeks at sunhelp.org
Mon Jul 30 07:50:49 CDT 2001

I've been hanging around long enough, suppose I should come
clean as well... :-)

Hi, I'm John Duksta. I'm 31, married for 6 years to my
beautiful wife Andrea. We live in Somerville, MA.
We share the space with 2 cats (Amer. Shorthair) and
a dog (Beagle!). No children, ever...

For the day job I'm a Security Engineer at Genuity. I design
many of the aspects of our managed security services, the
latest of which being our Managed Intrusion Detection Service.
Most of the time I like what I do, but sometimes I get a
project stuffed down my throat by our product mgmt folks
and I just have to deal with it the best I can. Like Pete,
I would scrap this job in a heartbeat if I won the lottery.
One nice thing about Genuity is that our Operations are almost
completely run on Sun hardware. In fact, we just moved into a
new NOC where all the Operator displays are SunRays. :-)

In my off time, I mostly hang and chill. Used to spend a lot
more time with the gear in the off time than I do now, but
Andrea has 'cured' me of that. Lately I've been learning how
to play guitar, building stuff (like a 6'W x 7.5'H x 1'D
bookcase for our living room). Oh, we also go out to catch
live music at least once a week. Last week's big show was
Paul Weller (The Jam, The Style Council) solo at the
Berklee Performance Center in Boston. That now counts as the
best show so far in 2001 (2nd place is currently held by the
M. Doughty solo show)

-john

--
John C.C. Duksta, CISSP                      <jduksta at genuity.com>
PGP Fingerprint: 2037 FB34 8D4A 22D7 3EB3 EEF9 3ABA 997E F964 0EAF