Cooking (was Re: Jon's Integrity (was Re: [geeks] Etiquette)

geeks at sunhelp.org geeks at sunhelp.org
Sun Jul 29 12:42:25 CDT 2001

> After just over 5 years of marriage, I found myself washing pans, bowl=
s,
> utensils, and putting the other stuff into the diswasher.  I never wou=
ld
> have done such a thing before marrying my wife.  Washing while you coo=
> makes post-meal cleanup a *cinch*.  You only have to wipe down the=20
counters,
> and stuff (maybe) only one pan into the dishwasher.

     Maybe it's the result of growing up as a .mil brat and then going=20
.mil, but I was raised to do that. To go with it, though- I almost never=
=20
use a dishwasher (*maybe* after a party, if one is available).
     I still get amazed when I see friends who won't do dishes for 3 day=
s=20
so they can fill the dishwasher. And I think of the time and energy and =
I=20
think that the 15 minutes it takes to do a dishwasher load isn't much of=
=20
a trade off (I need my electricity for my e150, after all).

    -Christof

P.S. Milk, about a teaspoon for 2 big eggs. Makes them smooth, not runny=
=20
:)