[geeks] Etiquette

Jonathan Katz geeks at sunhelp.org
Sat Jul 28 14:56:30 CDT 2001

Jody wrote:
> I'd argue that this is his most "untrue" stereotype. Many
> of the native english majors around the bookstore (some

I need to raid the archives, find all the glaring generalizations
I've made, and chronicle them :) Who owns the copyright on items
posted to the list?

> only the "loose moral" type of english major will hang out
> with me.

Wahoo! More anecdotal evidence to refute or balance out the
completely made-up sweeping generalization!

> Well as to the English Majors in question... Jon is entirely correct.
> If we define morals in a more victorian sense (drinking,

pot->kettle->black -- I can't nail others for the same foibles which
I posess. And no, I was never an English Major.... or Minor. Hell, I
can barely form grammatically correct sentences and spell!

LOL

> Uhmmm... friend-2 expresses to me that I should go to college
> not really for the classes, but because it's err... conducive
> to having a lot of sex and drinking a lot (preferably both
> at the same time (well not concurrently (that's kind of
> weird))).

I've heard the same @:)

A few months ago (when I was bitter and single) I had a chat
with my friend's wife. She sat me down and asked what I was
looking for in someone to waste the rest of my life with. I
went through a list of silly attributes and she immediately
told me to get my ass back in college because that's the
only place I'd be able to find anyone like that.

A former roommate of mine has achieved his dream and is finally
back in school (Film Major, UC Berkeley.) He's having a blast
from all accounts. [ Just in from the "I wish I was him" dept. ]

-Jon