[geeks] Clerks and Cars

Kris Kirby geeks at sunhelp.org
Fri Jul 27 20:48:43 CDT 2001

On Fri, 27 Jul 2001, Kurt Huhn wrote:
> I can say with some authority that a 4 door Cutlass existed - I owned one.
> However, mine was nowhere near hotrod - it had a V6 of unkown displacement
> (never cared enough to find out or wrench on it).  It was an '83 (I think)
> Cutlass Supreme.  I shared it with my sister during college, and after I
> destroyed (or rather, had destroyed for me) my second VW Rabbit.  It was an
> exeedingly comfortable car - nearly as comfy as my Taurus.

Conan O'Brien's response after being asked about looking at a Mercedes
E130 (?): "It just doesn't have the power and performance of my 1992
Taurus."

/me hates Ford cars. Give me a GM car. Not thrilled about Chryslers
either. Too much time in a K-car. Without A/C.

*Happy*. My 1985 Nissan Sentra (77k) now has A/C. It's a rolling POS car,
looks like shit, but it *always* runs. Can't say that about either of the
two Fords (87 Tempo[rary], and 81 LTD) or the 1980-something Chrysler New
Yorker (a Yankee car in the south.. no wonder it was only $300!)

My only bad experience with the Sentra was when the mechanic's assistant
swapped the tires -- without authorization -- from the $150 set of
Michelens to the $15 apiece POS crap on there now. I didn't find out until
a month later... *fume*. Mechanic's a good man, I didn't unload on him.

-----
<kris at nospam.catonic.net>   |