[geeks] One parting Mac shot, then I have to go home...

Bill Bradford geeks at sunhelp.org
Mon Jul 23 23:25:46 CDT 2001

On Mon, Jul 23, 2001 at 11:19:17PM -0500, ward at zilla.nu wrote:
> Just so you folks know, HP doesn't track monitors, just workstations.
> So, if you have at least one workstation under a support contract, all
> of your monitors are fairly safe.  Now that my model of monitor is
> pretty much gone, I should get it replaced that way.  Maybe the new one
> will have a replaceable HD15 cable instead of a built-in cable.

We found out at work that *all* of our servers were under a support contact
*with monitors*, even tho we run 99% of them headless.. so we gathered up
all the broken Sun monitors we could find, and one guy even brought in some
fried GDM-1962Bs from home, and we got shiny new 21"s in exchange.. 8-)

So, all the admins at work have 21"s on their desk now.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net