[geeks] Trade U30 for G3 mac B&W?

joshua d boyd geeks at sunhelp.org
Mon Jul 23 22:51:20 CDT 2001

On Mon, Jul 23, 2001 at 08:37:54PM -0700, Gregory Leblanc wrote:
> On 23 Jul 2001 23:39:27 -0400, joshua d boyd wrote:
> > On Mon, Jul 23, 2001 at 06:42:20PM -0400, dave at cca.org wrote:
> > > All desktop systems suck for hardware upgrades because it's a fucking
> > > ribbon-cable nest crammed into a sardine can. Adding boards to a
> > > VAX-11 is easier than dealing with a modern desktop case.
> >
> > You actually can get non ribbon IDE and SCSI cables.  They cost a bit
> > more, but they do make life nicer.  Probably should get a couple of each
> > type myself.
>
> Got a line on any of these?  I'd much rather have these that those
> damned ribbon things, except that I probably can't make these to custom
> lengths...

For scsi, granite view, or granite digital, or what ever that company that
pournelle is always praising sells them I think.  I see IDE more commonly,
but I don't have an immediate line on them.  I just know I've seen them
listed on ars and at the lan party I stopped in at a few months ago.  I
just use the IDE cables that ome with the drives.

--
Joshua D. Boyd