[geeks] R/C vehicle suggestions

Martin Wedel geeks at sunhelp.org
Fri Jul 20 03:37:02 CDT 2001

The HPI Nitro MT RTR truck is a great alternative truck, should be around
350$.
Fuel runs me like 13$ a gallon,and glo plugs around 5$ each, I use about
two of each a
year. The T-Maxx is the pimp-mobile right now, having reverse and all, but
I've found Traxxas engines are not as durabel and easy to run/start/tune
as the HPIs. Besides, I can't really think of many times I would have
needed reverse out on the dirt. If you can't drive over it, you
probably ran into it, practice will eliminate most of that.
Don't even bother with the street trucks, they sit too low to
have much fun anywhere but baby butt smooth roads. Also, like anything, if
you ride them rough, you will break parts, and unless you know a well
stocked hbby shop, this means a few weeks downtime.

My latest toy is a 48" weedwhacker powered gas boat. Got to love the toys.
Feel free to email me if you have Nitro questions offline.

/Martin Wedel
sun at minor-element.net
www.minor-element.net