[geeks] R/C vehicle suggestions

Tugrul Galatali geeks at sunhelp.org
Fri Jul 20 02:19:36 CDT 2001

	Anyone here have some experience with R/C trucks? My friend and I are
looking for a new toy, and we are not sure how we want to proceed. I don't
terribly mind investing 500$ in a new Traxxas T-Maxx and misc, but I haven't
seen a good guide to what keeping the thing running will cost, aside from the
fact that fuel runs <10$ a quart.
	We would start with a lower end model, but I don't think their Sport
or Rustler models have a transmission that supports reverse, and to quote my
friend "I'm not spending $270 on something that can't reverse". It would blow
to go pick up the car everytime it confronted a daunting obstacle.
	I might be completely wrong, but there is a lot of data on this I can't
quite consume yet. Need tips :)

	Tugrul Galatali