[geeks] MacOS X

joshua d boyd geeks at sunhelp.org
Thu Jul 19 12:42:32 CDT 2001

On Thu, Jul 19, 2001 at 10:17:04AM -0700, Peter L. Wargo wrote:
> She finally told 'em all to get a life.  To quote: "I tried Windows (95),
> and it sucked."  This is my 72 year-old mom speaking...

I knew a 94 year old lady who was given a PC for christmas one
year.  After it sat in her appartment for 6months or so, she decided to
learn to use it so she could email her grandkids, and so she could type
her memoirs.  She did in fact learn how to use it.  She then decided that
she would rather pay someone else to use it for her, so she hired someone
and would dictate her emails to that person.  Considering her typing speed
(and trouble with double clicking), I think she made a smart choice.

She didn't even go to college till her 70s, at which point she got two
Bachelors, and two Masters.

--
Joshua D. Boyd