[geeks] T H E??b r i Q

geeks at sunhelp.org geeks at sunhelp.org
Wed Jul 18 21:31:48 CDT 2001

jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu writes:

>On Wed, Jul 18, 2001 at 06:49:05PM -0700, Ron Rosson wrote:

>> Based on FreeBSD 3.x with FreeBSD's 3.x vulnerabilities and expoits.
>> There was some scary talks at defcon this year about OS X.

>Err, OS X isn't based on FreeBSD.  OS X, might share a little code with
>FreeBSD, but OS X's history goes back a lot further than FreeBSD's
>does.  OS X is from the 80s, and FreeBSD didn't come out till the early
>90s.

They ported it. It's FreeBSD under the hood.

(What little I saw of the original NextStep convinced me that it
was the ugliest BSD ever shipped. /etc /usr/etc /usr/local/etc
confusion, things like that. Horrific.)

-------- David Fischer --------- dave at cca.org --------- www.cca.org --------
-------- If it wasn't for good luck, I wouldn't have no luck at all. -------