Connectivity (Was: Re: [geeks] are we hunting wabbits today?)

Peter L. Wargo geeks at sunhelp.org
Fri Dec 28 23:17:03 CST 2001

On Sat, 29 Dec 2001, David Cantrell wrote:

> Been orff to see the Aged Ps for a few days.  They live in a nice little
> town which has lots of local shops and looks ever so quaint.  Trouble is,
> the telephone exchange is also ever so quaint and I found 28.8k just too
> slow to bear.  So I spent a few days offline.

Ya know what's scary?  My parents live in my home town (Middleburgh, NY)
with a LOCAL phone co. (over 100 years old!) that has better service and
internet than we do here in San Diego.  Their basic phone rate is about
1/4 what we pay.  Their cable is cheap, too.  Yep, DSL.

http://www.midtel.net

Makes me sick.

-Pete