[geeks] Sunblade 1K vs MacG4 vs Ultra 60

Peter L. Wargo geeks at sunhelp.org
Wed Dec 12 16:33:36 CST 2001

On Wed, 12 Dec 2001, Bill Bradford wrote:

> Or just tell the guys @ Sun, who surely couldnt STAND to have a half-the-speed
> 1-8th-the-cache GIRLY MAC kick their asses. 8-)

Not to mention it's so simple to get better performance.  A few years
back, Forrest (friend) and I ran some fp tests on a U1 (or U10, can't
remember) using some simple code he wrote.  We were stunned when we saw
the improvement the -fast option made on the Sun C compiler. (gcc and Sun
C were around even until that.  It was like afterburners...)

-pete