[geeks] Which Dell Latitude notebook?

Big Endian geeks at sunhelp.org
Mon Dec 3 09:49:30 CST 2001

>Here's another vote for the IBM Stinkpad. Say what you will about model
>inconsistancies and such, they are a solid machine. I use two in daily duty
>(600X with Win2K + 600E with Linux). Both travel daily. The Linux support is
>excellent.

With all the bantering back and forth I'm just wondering if you have
considered non intel platforms?  I've had numerous powerbooks over
the years (I'm on my fourth) and I keep them in book bags (when I was
in highschool) or other bags but nothing I had until just now had any
padding or special kind of case. I only broke one of them and that we
because I dropped that bag (with the power book in it) over a dozen
times that year.  Powerbooks are DURABLE, especially the older
models( that was a 1400C that broke on me).  Apple has built this
same toughness into the ibook today.  I've never owned any other kind
of laptop and unless someone can find me one of those Indy notebooks
I've seen hints of I'm not likely to.  I know a lot of people who
love their sparc/ultrabooks (though battery life is a common
complaint in those).  Just pointing out that there is a lot out there
beside intel, but then again I'm a HUGE powerbook bigot.

daniel